The mission of Hearts and Hammers is to refurbish quailified homes owned by low income citizens within the Dallas Metroplex. Hearts and Hammers will accomplish its mission by recruiting volunteers to work on a specific project day.
- To help those in need of repair and refurbishment services.
- To work with a local social agency to identify neighborhoods and select qualified homeowners that are in need of such services. The criteria for selection shall be based on limited income, physical limitations to complete the work themselves, legal ownership of the home, pending or current violation with the city code requirements, and limitations of other resources to accomplish the repairs.
- To assess and inventory the repair needs of selected homes.
- To meet individual homeowners and convey a sense of caring from our volunteers for their fellow citizens.
- To focus on two days per year on which to provide our services in one or more neighborhoods in Dallas, Texas.
- To maximize the impact of every dollar raised in this effort by minimizing expenditures on activities that are not directly oriented to improving the homeowner's home.
- To provide a positive experience for volunteers and homeowners.